Tribal Map (Eastern U.S.)

Tribal Map (Eastern U.S.)

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Film: First Circle available

From Visionmaker and NAPT:


native american film festival
"It is not the flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons." -- Johann Schille

"Maybe geography doesn't have anything to do with recovery but for me it does. This is where I feel safe. I was alone. My kids were in foster care and scattered to the winds. I knew I had to be there. This has always been like a clean, sober haven for me." -- Dustine Doughtery

For any parent, the thought of having a child taken away is a horrific notion. Yet, all across America, children whose families can no longer provide the proper support are being put into foster care. Life-long battles with drug and alcohol addiction have left families struggling to heal and change their ways while administrators are also working for change. A deeply touching story of adolescence, responsibility and the strength of a family's bond among the isolated western landscape that is responsible for both the manufacturing of and liberation from addiction.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment